Bootable usb drive from iso with Universal USB Installer
- All you need for this method is an .iso windows vista, 7 or 8 image file (xp not supported) and the Universal-USB-Installer-220.127.116.11 application. This application was purpose built for linux .iso , to create a bootable linux drive , but works very nice with windows as well.
- Download the universal usb installer on your desktop double click it and select run.
- Next click i agree.
- Now it is pretty obvious what to do :p
- Next at step 2 in the program browse to your .iso windows image file , for this method i want to create a windows 8 bootable drive.
- For the next step you need to select the usb letter , so go to my computer see what letter is your drive and return to the applicatiom , also mark the box where it says format drive.
- Now click create ;a message will appear , you need to click yes , and the program will start extracting and copying the contend of the iso.
- When to process is done click close .
- ALL DONE.